Come Be Our Next Senior Engineer on the RST Team
Build your career alongside a team of people dedicated to open and inclusive technology production.
As a Senior Open Web Engineer on the Reliability, Standards & Testing team at Bocoup, you’ll work on conformance & standards engineering for the web platform, and technology consulting for enterprises that deploy to the web platform.
We are a mission and values driven consulting organization with roots in web technology, developer tools, and open standards development. We maintain and contribute to widely used open source projects, support the browser development ecosystem with testing tools and best practices, and provide workflow consulting and technology leadership for enterprises.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, Bocoup actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Our Code of Conduct
Bocoup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate in a professional environment. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we are committed to partnering with you to foster a healthy work environment.
You will love this role if:
- You’re interested in technical standardization processes.
- You have a familiarity with the web platform.
- You have a strong understanding of programming fundamentals and modern web application development workflows, and have built non-trivial web applications.
- You have experience with at least one version control technology, preferably git.
- You have experience and a passion for writing automated tests (unit tests in particular).
- You are comfortable working with a distributed team and communicating via asynchronous text-based channels.
- You have strong risk assessment and estimation skills.
- You have a high-capacity for learning, and enjoy learning from people with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- You understand the importance of excellent documentation, have strong written and oral communication skills, and experience being part of an effective team.
- You have strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the DOM.
- You’re familiar with additional programming languages or environments, particularly those used in building modern web applications, e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, PHP.
- You’re familiar with modern deployment pipelines and/or CI testing.
- You have approximately 5 years of experience designing, architecting, building and maintaining modern, production-ready network software.
- You love to talk or write about the work you and your team are doing.
- You have a team mindset, a commitment to the success of others, and a commitment to open source / Free Software communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with our customers to solve problems and help them succeed.
- Read and understand standards specifications for new technologies.
- Write conformance test suites to exercise specified APIs presented by new technologies.
- Work as a senior contributor and architect with enterprise customer web engineering teams.
- Contribute to Open Source projects, and work on internal tools and products for your peers at Bocoup.
- Embody our company values and follow the Bocoup code of conduct.
- Share your passion through creating educational content for our blog, workshops, and other educational resources and forums.
- Evangelize your work at Bocoup through attending and contributing to community events, and represent the team at conferences abroad.
- Mentor developers and guiding their adoption of new technologies.
- Contribute to Open Source projects, and work on internal tools and research projects with your peers at Bocoup.
Bocoup offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, short and long term disability coverage, parental leave, 401K, remote work opportunities, and flexible work hours.
There may be occasional onsite customer kickoffs, or internal all-hands meetings you are asked to travel to attend. There may also be other opportunities for work-related travel to which you will have the choice to opt in.
Bocoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Sorry, we are not currently hiring for this position!
P.O. Box 961436
Boston, MA 02196