Senior Open Web Engineer
Build your career alongside a team of people dedicated to open and inclusive technology production.
As a Senior Open Web Engineer at Bocoup, you’ll work on conformance & standards engineering for the web platform, and technology consulting for enterprises that deploy to the web platform.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with our customers to solve problems and help them succeed.
- Read and understand standards specifications for new technologies.
- Write conformance test suites to exercise specified APIs presented by new technologies.
- Work as a senior contributor and architect with enterprise customer web engineering teams.
- Contribute to Open Source projects, and work on internal tools and products for your peers at Bocoup.
- Embody our company values and follow the Bocoup code of conduct.
- Share your passion through creating educational content for our blog, workshops, and other educational resources and forums.
- Evangelize your work at Bocoup through attending and contributing to community events, and represent the team at conferences abroad.
- Mentor developers and guiding their adoption of new technologies.
- Contribute to Open Source projects, and work on internal tools and research projects with your peers at Bocoup.
You’ll be awesome at this if you identify with any of the following:
- You’re interested in technical standardization processes.
- You have a familiarity with the web platform (e.g. front end technologies, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- You have a strong understanding of programming fundamentals and modern web application development workflows, and have built non-trivial web applications.
- You have experience with at least one version control technology, preferably git.
- You have experience and a passion for writing automated tests (unit tests in particular).
- You are comfortable working with a distributed team and communicating via asynchronous text-based channels.
- You have strong risk assessment and estimation skills.
- You have a high-capacity for learning, and enjoy learning from people with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- You understand the importance of excellent documentation, have strong written and oral communication skills, and experience being part of an effective team.
- You have strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the DOM.
- You’re familiar with additional programming languages or environments, particularly those used in building modern web applications, e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, PHP.
- You’re familiar with modern deployment pipelines and/or CI testing.
- You have approximately 5 years of experience designing, architecting, building and maintaining modern, production-ready network software.
- You love to talk or write about the work you and your team are doing.
- You have a team mindset, a commitment to the success of others, and a commitment to open source / Free Software communities.
What are you waiting for? Come be a Bocouper!
We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch!
201 South Street, Boston, MA 02111
315 Church St, New York, NY 10013
Phone & Email