GAIA Engineering ManagerApply Now
We seek an experienced engineering manager to support our Graphics & Interactive Applications team (GAIA), which works on resource intensive media-based web applications that use new web platform features to improve performance, security and accessibility on resource constrained devices.
The person in this role will meaningfully contribute to the team’s success by collaborating with the Director of Engineering to set technical direction for the GAIA team and managing Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Principal Engineers against that vision. Additionally, this person will work as an individual contributor to deliver on key projects.
Team Management & Leadership (40%)
- Partner with Director of Engineering in setting technical vision and goals for the team.
- Manage growth, performance, and professional development of individual contributors (Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Principal Engineers).
- Identify new projects with customers and collaborate with CEO, Director of Engineering, and Principal Engineer to create technical plans for those projects.
- Support Head of Strategy & Operations in managing project and GAIA team budgets.
- Help GAIA team execute project tasks within expected timelines.
- Serve as a public representative for Bocoup’s GAIA team.
Individual Contribution (60%)
- Contribute to client-facing and internal GAIA projects at Bocoup.
- Establish and meet project quality standards, and help ensure your teammates meet them.
- Architect software and ensure stable implementation.
- Use new web platform features in web applications to achieve interoperable, accessible, performant and secure outcomes and give feedback on the features to browser implementers.
- Contribute to defining industry best practices, and bringing them into Bocoup.
- Contribute expertise internally in areas of your experience, both on your and on other teams.
- Share your passion by creating educational content for our blog and other public channels.
- Champion and contribute to industry standards in your areas of expertise, and advocate for their adoption to internal teams and customers .
Skills & Expectations
- Commitment to our mission and our values, including Transparency, Quality, Service, Learning, Inclusion, Respect, and Social Justice.
- 5-7+ years of management experience, including experience managing professional growth of Senior and Principal-level Engineers and Designers.
- 8-10+ years of direct experince working on software projects as a engineer or designer, working with product managers and product owners, including experience in a collaborative consulting capacity.
- Experience working in a professional services firm or a project-based organization.
- Ability to think broadly and strategically coupled with the desire to directly manage projects and tasks.
- Ability to commute to downtown Boston (not required).
This position will be managed and supported by the Head of Strategy & Operations. Performance will be measured based on annually set goals and impact on the Company’s mission.
- Flexible PTO
- Employer sponsored health plans with deductible reimbursed through HRA
- MBTA Pass Program
- Professional Development Budget
Bocoup is a mission and values driven consulting firm specializing in web platform accessibility and web standards, with focuses in graphics and interactive programming, and interoperability compliance testing. Bocoup seeks a diverse pool of applicants for this position, including those from historically marginalized groups — womxn, people of color, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds.
Bocoup Code of Conduct
Bocoup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate in a professional environment. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we are committed to partnering with you to foster a healthy work environment. Read the full Bocoup Code of Conduct at bocoup.com/code-of-conduct
What are you waiting for? Come be a Bocouper!
We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch!
P.O. Box 961436
Boston, MA 02196