Director of Operations
The Director of Operations helps Bocoup Keep Calm & Carry On as we work to drive major progress for the web platform. We’re looking for someone who can be efficient, effective, and empathetic in the course of driving our daily business operations, meeting the needs of the team, and managing multiple threads of work. This is a unique opportunity to own operations and build culture at one of the most unique software consulting firms in the world. This position will work onsite at our office in Downtown Boston.
We are a mission and values driven consulting organization with roots in web technology, developer tools, and open standards development. We maintain and contribute to widely used open source projects, support the browser development ecosystem with testing tools and best practices, and provide workflow consulting and technology leadership for enterprises.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, Bocoup actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Our Code of Conduct
Bocoup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate in a professional environment. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we are committed to partnering with you to foster a healthy work environment.
You will love this role if:
- You value collaboration and diverse perspectives.
- You value transparency.
- You value healthy processes and enjoy creating them where needed.
- You work well in ambiguity.
- You’re organized and great at follow-through.
- You’re intellectually curious.
- You enjoy working with a variety of personal and professional styles.
It may be helpful if you have experience with:
- Practical work experience in operations
- Project or program management in HR and/or finance
- Web development or other professional services companies
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership, consulting, or teaching
- Working with distributed teams
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of Human Resources work, including hiring, benefits administration, and immigration & visa oversight.
- Finance tasks including light bookkeeping, payroll administration, client invoicing, and AP.
- Oversight of our scheduling and staffing processes.
- Preparing and executing vendor and client paperwork.
- Overseeing our Document Management System.
- Assisting the CEO and directors with projects such as the annual review cycle and professional development.
Bocoup offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, short and long term disability coverage, parental leave, 401K, remote work opportunities, and flexible work hours.
Bocoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Sorry, we are not currently hiring for this position!
P.O. Box 961436
Boston, MA 02196