Technical Project ManagerApply Now
We seek an experienced Project Manager to manage execution of technical projects and help strengthen the operational infrastructure of our organization. The person in this role will meaningfully contribute to the team’s success by managing internal and external projects for project teams of 2-5 engineers and designers, including creating and maintaining project plans, communicating with customers and other third party stakeholders, and ensuring timely, high-quality project delivery.
- Managing project team to ensure successful (on time, on budget) delivery of internal and external projects:
- Determining appropriate project management methodology.
- Identifying project objectives, making project plans, and tracking project schedule.
- Breaking down project scope into executable tasks and managing prioritization and execution of these tasks.
- Maintaining and grooming backlogs throughout projects, making strategic trade-offs to address issues that arise.
- Managing relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Maintaining open lines of communication with your team, Bocoup leadership, and customers, including facilitating project
- kickoffs and retrospectives.
- Understanding and communicating customer’s product vision in internal and external discussions.
- Strengthening Bocoup’s operational infrastructure
- Coaching and mentoring teammates on basic project management methods.
- Partnering with Head of Strategy & Operations on building, strengthening, and communicating organizational tools and processes
Skills & Expectations
- Commitment to our mission and our values, including Transparency, Quality, Service, Learning, Inclusion, Respect, and Social Justice
- 5-7+ years of technical project management experience, including experience coordinating Senior and Principal-level Engineers.
- Experience working in a professional services firm or a project-based organization.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically.
- Ability to coordinate team members and give feedback across levels.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to commute to downtown Boston.
This position will be managed and supported by the Head of Strategy & Operations. Performance will be measured based on annually set goals and impact on the Company’s mission.
- Flexible PTO
- Employer sponsored health plans with deductible reimbursed through HRA
- MBTA Pass Program
- Professional Development Budget
Bocoup is a mission and values driven consulting firm specializing in web platform accessibility and web standards, with focuses in graphics and interactive programming, and interoperability compliance testing. Bocoup seeks a diverse pool of applicants for this position, including those from historically marginalized groups — womxn, people of color, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds.
Bocoup Code of Conduct
Bocoup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate in a professional environment. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we are committed to partnering with you to foster a healthy work environment. Read the full Bocoup Code of Conduct at bocoup.com/code-of-conduct
What are you waiting for? Come be a Bocouper!
We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch!
P.O. Box 961436
Boston, MA 02196